Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

The beauty world has been overrun lately by new "beauty box subscription services". There's Birchbox, Glossybox, Little Black Bag, and even options for the eco-conscious! The only one I have personally tried is Birchbox. I kept my subscription for about three months. For those of you who don't know, Birchbox sends you several beauty or skincare samples each month for $10/month. You can write reviews on the products you get to earn points. A certain amount of points gets you a discount on a purchase. In addition, you receive free shipping on all of the items in your Birchbox, so if you really love a product, you can buy the full-size! I had a great experience with Birchbox and their customer service (I had to call one time when my box never arrived). However, I ultimately cancelled because it was too much for me to keep up with all year and I wasn't getting products I really wanted. Some of the products I loved though were Redken's ShineFlash02 Glossing Mist, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Cleanser, and Zoya nail polish. Recently, GlossyBox came to the United States. Previously it was only available in Europe. For $21 a month, you get a selection of luxury samples, including one full-sized product. I haven't tried this year, but I REALLY want too! It sounds like a fantastic idea. I wish they were let you pick the full-sized product though. I also joined Influenster, a site that lets you unlock profile "badges" that relate to your life. For example, I unlocked the Beauty Badge, College Student Badge, and several others. Every few months, Influenster sends out a box of goodies called a VoxBox. These are normally full-sized items for you to review. I recently got selected to receive the Summer Beauty VoxBox, my first box, and I am so excited about it! I should be getting it in the mail in early July, so look out for those product reviews! I would definitely recommend signing up for Influenster. Leave a comment if you've tried a sample subscription service or ever received a VoxBox!

No comments:

Post a Comment